1. I refer to the DAP Secretary-General’s winding up speech at the DAP national conference on Sunday where Tun Dr Mahathir had attended.
2. I was shocked to read that DAP now says Tun Dr Mahahir had never resorted to “racist dirty tactics” in his 22 years as the Prime Minister and has now praised him as having managed the country and economy well for 22 years.
3. It is as if the numerous “scandals” and mismanagement that DAP had alleged and criticized Mahathir for over 22 years had never happened.
Some of the scandals that DAP had previously continously alleged include BMF, Maminco, IPP “cronies”, Forex RM30 billion losses, Perwaja, PKFZ, Ops Lalang, the removal of Lord President and Supreme judges and the economic meltdown of 1985 and 1998.
More recently, who can forget Tun Mahathir for repeatedly calling Lim Kit Siang as the number one racist or when he attacked Prime Minister Dato’ Sri Najib Razak for being too nice to the Chinese during the 2013 General Elections?
4. Just because Tun Dr Mahathir is now in alliance with them, the DAP assumes that all Malaysians now have collective amnesia for 22 years.
5. If DAP can suddenly change their stand for an entire 22 years period of history just like this, Why should Malaysians trust what DAP says now or in future?
6. Either DAP has no principles and has the spine of a jelly-fish or they had misled Malaysians for 22 years. Either way, the DAP must apologize to all Malaysians.
Liang Teck Meng
Secretary General of PGRM
6th December 2016